We recommend that you read the following information before filling out your Resident Profile. If you're familiar with using two windows at one time on your computer screen, then you can bring up two windows of www.fairwaybay.org and look at this FAQ in one window while filling out your profile on the other window. If you'd prefer to print this out, please see the Public Documents page for a PDF about filling out your profile.
FWB Website User Profile Suggestions
April 29, 2010
If you are a new owner at Fairway Bay, or a current owner changing your profile, please read this before updating your profile.
1. Everybody has access to the 'Public' pages of our website. These are the pages between the Welcome and the Members on the left side of the website. Only registered and logged in owners are allowed to view the pages listed under the Members on the left side. As of April 27, all owners are registered with a username and password that will be sent to them separately. The Resident Directory (which is restricted to owners only) lists all owners, except those who choose not to be listed. Think of this as being similar to the Fairway Bay Telephone Directory, but more current and updatable by the owners themselves. We encourage people to allow their profiles, phone numbers and email addresses to be included in the Resident Directory because only other FWB owners will have access to them.
2. If you did not receive an email with a temporary password, then you are not registered, and will need to click the 'Register' button (next to the Login button at the top left) in order to fill in a profile. It will then take a few hours or days (if on the weekend) to become approved and allowed access to the Members area. If you received an email with a temporary password, then you are registered, and should first click on 'Login' button. After you have logged in with your temporary password, please then click on 'Your Profile' button (next to the Login/Logout button), and change your password and fill in the information. Once you are registered and have logged in with your username, you have access to all pages. If you're on a machine that will frequently be used for FWB, you can click on 'Remember me' during login, and your log in and password will be remembered the next time you come to the fairwaybay.org website.
3. There are three website administrators who will be able to view all information on the website except your passwords - Brian Bender (FWB CAM), Nat Veal (administrator for FWB1, FWB2 & CC), and Beth Vinson (FWB3 CAM). You can control how much information other owners can see.
4. We will send you an initial password, but you can change this to any password you like in your profile. Nobody will be able to see your password. If you forget it, attempt to logon with your username and click on the 'Forgot Password' button. The system will automatically send your password to the email address you have listed.
5. Here are some considerations when filling out your profile -
a. If you make any type of change, be sure to go to the bottom on the page and click on Submit in order for the changes to take place.
b. Username - As a default, your email address is your username. You can change this in your profile if you like.
c. Password - We will send you an initial password, but you can change this to any password you like in your profile. Nobody will be able to see your password. If you forget it, attempt to logon with your username and click on the 'Forgot Password' button. The system will automatically send your password to the email address you have listed.
d. First & Last Name & Email - There is a relationship between the Username, Last Name, First Name, Email, and Second Resident that you should know about before you fill in your profile. When we first populated the directory, we put the first and last name in the First Name field, so we ask each owner to correct the Name and Email fields as they want. The Resident Directory is normally sorted by Last Name, then First Name. If an owner had two email addresses on our databases, we created two usernames and directory entry for each email. We'll describe the options below if there is a single resident in a unit, two residents with one email address, two residents with two email addresses, or two residents with one email address and different last names.
i. One resident - Please update the First Name and Last Name field. This is not the official database, so please use whatever names you would like other owners to use. That is if you have something like THOMAS JONES, TTE in the first name field, you might want to change it to 'Tom' in the First Name field and 'Jones' in the Last Name field. Please use upper and lower case rather than all capitals. If you would like emails to also be sent to another email address, such as a work address, put the second email in the Second Resident's Information. You will probably need only one logon Username, and we will have created two. Send us an email on the Contact Us page to have one of them deleted.
ii. Two residents with one email address - You will probably only need a single entry in the Directory (if you have different last names, you will probably want two entries so please see item #iv). This is not the official database, so please use whatever names you would like other owners to use. That is if you have something like THOMAS JONES, TTE in the first name field, you might want to change it to 'Tom' in the First Name field and 'Jones' in the Last Name field. Please use upper and lower case rather than all capitals. If you would like emails to also be sent to another email address, such as a work address, put the second email in the Second Resident's Information. Just put one person's name in the First Name field, and the other person's full name in the Second Resident's Information fields.
iii. Two residents with two email addresses - If there were two email addresses on our database, we created two entries in the directory, one for each email. Most people will want to keep two entries, so that each person has their own logon Username. If you keep two entries, you can follow the guidelines in the previous item (#ii), but we suggest that you DON'T INCLUDE the second resident's email. If so, when we send out an email, you will both get two copies (one as the primary entry, and one as the Second Resident entry). This is especially important for board members, whose spouses would keep getting all of the board-related emails. If you want only one entry in the Resident Directory, then pick the Username that you both want to use, and send us an email to delete the second Username.
iv. Two residents with different last names and one email address - If you have two different last names, and would like to be listed under both names, we will have created only one entry for you. Please ask the second resident to 'Register' as if they are a new owner.
e. Directory Options - You can determine how much information is shown in the Resident Directory. 'Show Profile' indicates whether your name and address are shown to other owners. We suggest you set this to Yes. The other options indicate whether you want your email addresses, phone numbers, and children information shown.
f. Address - For most owners, the address we inserted in the directory entry is just the unit number. Please change this to include your whole address. The preferred format is as follows:
2120 Harbourside Drive, Unit 645
If everyone follows this format, then you can easily do searches for everyone in your own building or association. For example, for everyone in FWB III, you could search for 'address' 'contains' '2110' OR 'address' 'contains' '2120'. In FWB II, you could search for 'address' 'greater than' '1999' AND 'address' 'less than' '2100'. For FWB I, you could search for 'address' 'less than' '2000'. Of course, these searches won't work until all of the owners update their addresses.
g. Phone Numbers - Please omit area code 941 for local numbers, but include area code for other states and country code for international numbers. Note that there is room for the Second Resident's work and cell phone in that section.
h. Other Information, such as occupation, employer, hobbies, children & pets. This is all optional and simply tells other owners a little more information about you and your family.
i. Public Message - This is anything else that you'd like to include in your profile that other owners might be interested in. A sample entry might be "We enjoy old movies, and would like to find other owners interested in setting up a movie night in the clubhouse each month."
If you have any questions about this, please contact the web administrators on the Contact Us web page.